Sunday, March 16, 2025

past continuous (part 1)

 Used to describe: 

  • action not completed in the specific moment in the past: I was reading newspaper yesterday at 7 am.
  • action not completed in the the past when another one has occurred: i was watching tv yesterday when the phone rang.
  • to make descriptions in the past: the tree were moving gently in the breeze. 
The form:
  • I/he/she/it + was living - was not living ¿was I/he/she/it living?
  • you/we/they + were living - were not living ¿were I/he/she/it living?


examples:
Mama was cooking dinner when Isabella arrived. 
Was mama cooking dinner? No she wasn't. 

You were eating dinner when papa opened the door.
Were you eating the dinner? No you weren't eating the dinner. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    past perfect simple (part 1)

      Used to describe:  A completed action in the past before the specific moment in past.  A completed action in the past before another actio...